“This is my old, private blog that is now sadly neglected since I have launched Oath Keepers, which has truly taken off like a rocket, leaving me no time for personal blogging – not that I’m complaining. the Oath Keepers mission is very important, and worth the time and effort.
Go here: http://www.oathkeepers.org
However, if you want to see what prompted me to finally launch Oath Keepers, there are several posts on this blog that show my thinking.
Back in 2006 I wrote several scathing criticisms of the Bush Administration’s absurd and dangerous claims of nearly unlimited executive “war” powers. Those articles built on my research at Yale Law School (where I won the Miller Prize for best paper on the Bill of Rights).
One of the most common refrains I get from Obama supporters is “where were you when Bush was violating the Constitution.” Well, I was right here. Read this:”
OATH KEEPERS is a non-partisan association of Military, Veterans, and peace officers who will honor their oaths to defend the Constitution, will NOT just follow orders, will stand for liberty, and will save the Republic, so help us God. Our motto is:
“Not on Our Watch!”
SUMMARY LIST OF ORDERS WE WILL NOT OBEY:
1. We will NOT obey orders to disarm the American people.
2. We will NOT obey orders to conduct warrantless searches of the American people
3. We will NOT obey orders to detain American citizens as unlawful enemy combatants or to subject them to military tribunal.
4. We will NOT obey orders to impose martial law or a state of emergency on a state.
5. We will NOT obey orders to invade and subjugate any state that asserts its sovereignty.
6. We will NOT obey any order to blockade American cities, thus turning them into giant concentration camps.
7. We will NOT obey any order to force American citizens into any form of detention camps under any pretext.
8. We will NOT obey orders to assist or support the use of any foreign troops on U.S. soil against the American people to keep the peace or to maintain control.
9. We will NOT obey any orders to confiscate the property of the American people, including food and other essential supplies.
10.We will NOT obey any orders which infringe on the right of the people to free speech, to peaceably assemble, and to petition their government for a redress of grievances.
Read the full declaration at http://oathkeepers.org
This is a new version of our original video Oathkeepers Orders We Will NOT Obey Full Length Video. We have corrected various errors and made a few other changes.